Period: 2002-12-17 to 2005-08-01
Employer: Wellington City Council
Employment type: Full Time Employee
Staff responsibilities: Support and mentoring of all unit staff on technical, production and application level knowledge where needed on an ongoing basis
This is a carry own role from the success of the fixed term employment.Although I've been employed as a regular designer, I've conducted a range of activities in a more project oriented nature, or at a senior support level to a range of unit staff. Major project highlights has been:
On secondment for project work from August 2005 onwards, but continuing duties in minor jobs or more technical support functions to unit and staff.
- preparation for the Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King World Premiere, along with being part of the media in the press-pit during the red carpet event.
- A web/CD project for the Ernst Plischke exhibit at City Gallery, which was also taken to Auckland
- Video production work for Community Services Culture Jam awards entry
- Development and writing of the WCC Brand Manual beginning 2005 for the new look WCC Visual Identity. This work includes rebranding many key Council materials, conceptual development work and gathering work from the entire design team, and providing branding support where required
- Supporting the other designers in the team as an expert production and technical oriented Mac Operator to lift the standard of certain design jobs that eventuated in notable Gold medal winning performances at the 2005 Pride and Print awards.
Other highlights for 2005 included relief work for both the Senior Designer and Print Coordinator while they were on leave.