Institute: Cloud University sponsored by Rackspace Hosting
What is the CloudU Certificate?
CloudU is a curriculum designed for IT professionals and business leaders who want to bolster their knowledge of the fundamentals of Cloud Computing. Anyone is able to download CloudU content at any time, but professionals wishing to move to the front of the pack can earn the CloudU certificate, a formal recognition of their knowledge about Cloud Computing.
Who Should Earn the CloudU Certificate?
IT Professional such as:
- IT Managers and Architects
- Developers & Programmers
- Software Engineers
- Technical Services Specialists
- Security Specialists
- System Administrators
- Project Management Professionals (PMP's)
Business Leaders such as:
- Executive or Line of Business Leaders
- Business Owners
- Cloud Sales Professionals
Benefits of the CloudU Certificate include:
- Demonstration of professional development in the area of Cloud Computing.
- A technical understanding of the foundations of Cloud Computing as compared to traditional IT.
- Understanding of how business can integrate Cloud Computing into their IT infrastructure.
- Ability to create economic value within a business organization through the implementation of Cloud innovations.
- Understanding of the issues associated with integrating Cloud Computing into an organizationís existing compliance, risk and regulatory framework.
Earning Your CloudU Certificate
To earn the CloudU Certificate, professionals have to demonstrate their command of the most important topics in Cloud Computing. Proficiency in Cloud Computing fundamentals is measured by:
- Successful completion of each of ten CloudU lesson quizzes. Each quiz contains ten questions drawn from materials covered in the lesson whitepaper. A minimum passing score of 80% must be achieved to get credit for each lesson. Lesson quizzes may be taken multiple times in order to earn a passing score. The lesson quizzes are designed to prepare the student for the final CloudU exam.
- Successful completion of a 50 question final exam drawn from materials covered in the ten CloudU lessons. A minimum passing score of 80% must be achieved to receive the CloudU Certificate. The final exam may be taken multiple times in order to earn a passing score.